If you choose Sherlock & Co. Solicitors for your Medical Negligence * claim then you can rest assured that you have hired a firm of solicitors with over 35 years experience in medical negligence and personal injury claims.
- We offer a dedicated service to the victims of medical negligence.
- We are specialists in medical negligence claims.
Medical negligence* can lead to physical, emotional, and personal trauma as well as significant disability for unfortunate victims.
Sherlock & Co. Solicitors are experts in this specialised area of law.
The Law for medical negligence* in Ireland is complicated and is governed by the test set out in the Supreme Court case of Dunne V The National Maternity Hospital (1989). This case provided that:
- A medical practitioner was negligent in diagnosis of treatment only if he was guilty of such failure as no other medical practitioner of equal specialist or general status or skill will be guilty of if acting with ordinary care.
- A Plaintiff will establish negligence against a medical practitioner by proving his deviation from a general and approved practice only upon proving also that the course taken was one that no other medical practitioner of like specialisation and skill would have followed when taking the ordinary care required from a person of his qualifications.
Our firm offers a vast amount of experience in Medical Negligence claims and a dedicated service to the victims of medical negligence.
For further information and advice regarding your legal rights and entitlements please contact our Clondalkin Office on (01) 4570846
Medical negligence claims can cover the following areas:
- Brachial Plexus and Erb-s Palsy Injuries*
- Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Claims*
- Birth Injury Claims*
- Accident & Emergency Treatment Claims*
- GP Negligence*
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia Claims*
- Cancer Misdiagnosis Claim*
- Cosmetic Surgery Claims*
- Surgical Errors*
- Defective Medical Device Claims*
- Fatal Injury Claims*
- Hospital Acquired Infection Claims*
- Eye Related Claims.*